The weekly drop-off program here at our little wanna be farm is for children 6 – 10 years old, and classes are limited to 12 students. These weekly classes will blend open-ended nature exploration and farm life in an inspiring environment that is simple and comfortable, like home. Each week, time will be spent outdoors where we will practice homesteading skills, organic gardening, and animal care while learning about environmental stewardship and enjoying guided nature walks, and indoors where we will build on our discoveries, enjoy nature based art projects, have free time, and participate in a variety of activities such as read alouds, presentations, and journaling all based on the season.
Through these sessions, students will:
- Develop meaningful connections to nature through a blend of individual exploration and structured games and activities.
- Increase knowledge of local plants and animals and document findings in a personal nature journal.
- Develop practical skills including gardening, sewing, cooking, and more.
- Foster creativity through nature-based art projects.
- Gain confidence through presentations in front of a group of encouragers.
- Enjoy and discuss to learn from various pieces of seasonal literature.
- Make new friends and learn from each other!
Through these sessions, parents will:
- Enjoy the peace of mind of a safe environment and inspiring atmosphere for students to learn in once a week.
- Receive 8 weeks of Nature Study lesson plans continuing with our theme from the week. These plans will include things such as suggested books in our weekly theme, poetry, character study, and scripture to memorize. These plans will be optional, of course, but will be a great way to further the study from class.
Winter 2020 Session Details:
Days: Fridays 10:30am – 2:00pm
Cost: $250 for Fall Session Our winter session will be a total of 8 weeks long from January 17th – March 6th. The cost includes all materials and supplies needed for the entire term. Students should bring a packed lunch and water bottle each week.
Winter Registration is CLOSED. To be placed on the waiting list for Wild Child Explorers Club, click the link below. If any openings become available, you will be the first to know!